Tuesday, August 24

Clementine to Winston:

"“My darling,” she wrote, shortly after the “finest hour” speech was delivered, “I hope you will forgive me if I tell you something I feel you ought to know. One of the men in your entourage, a devoted friend, has been to me and told me that there is a danger of your being generally disliked by your colleagues and subordinates because of your rough, sarcastic and overbearing manner.” She added, “You will not get the best results by irascibility and rudeness, they will breed either a dislike or a slave mentality.” "

Source: Burns, J. F. (2010, June 17). Seventy years later, Churchill's 'finest hour' yields insights. The New York Times. Retrieved August 19, 2010, from http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/18/world/europe/18churchhill.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home